Connecting washing machine waste hose to waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a little new to this forum, but was wondering if you guys could help me out please?

Basically I have ripped out the sink in my utility room, to make room for the dryer and washing machine to go side by side. So all the sink waste pipes have been removed. So I am left with trying to connect the washing machine waste hose to the end of the waste pipe that goes through the wall. I can't find an adaptor in b and q that will allow me to join these together.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to connect them together. The washing machine wage pipe is the normal 15/20mm flexible pipe that comes with th washing machine and the pipe through the wall measure at 40mm (it's not a screw end just normal plastic pipe)

Thanks in advance
Matt

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, how would I connect the washing machine waste hose (which is 15/20mm approx) to this?
Thanks

It just simply shoves down the upstand. The washing machine should come with a u shaped rigid plastic piece. This is to put around the waste pipe to avoid kinking before the pipe enters the upstand.

Sponsored Links
Oh right thanks for that, I will order one. Just one more thing, will it smell though because it isn't a tight fit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back