Washing machine Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
In an existing kitchen is the sink unit in 1000mm base unit
There is a 1 1/2 sink in it with the correct trap kit with it.
Sink is located at left hand end of unit
There is a spout to connect a washing machine to the trap kit.

The washing machine can only be installed to the right of the base unit.
A Can I just extend the flexible pipe on the machine to reach the spout or spout to machine in rigid pipe?

B or should I extend 40mm Waste pipe through the base unit and mount a washing machine stand pipe Waste adjacent to the machine?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can extend the current machine waste or extend the current waste to the machine. Don't like stand pipe for w/m as they can overflow, prefer to install nozzle on waste.

I refer using the standpipe, especially if far away from the sink trap. They don't create noise in the sink when the washing machine empties, they don't contaminate the sink waste with washing machine dross and gunge and in my experience, as long as the stand pipe is long enough, the run is installed properly in 40mm or 50mm when needed and with the correct fall, they never overwhelm the trap.

Agreed with the standpipe, and another option for noise sensitive areas is to use a washing machine nozzle on a stand alone pipe and an aav.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back