Washing machine & sink waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine waste is currently connected to the sink waste & trap via an extended pipe which seems a bit daft as the main waste pipe runs behind the w/machine, can I put the sink on a normal P trap & add a U bend or P trap & T connection halfway along the run (behind the w/machine) with a short length of pipe coming out of the top of the T connection to form a stand pipe? The proposed set up effectively means the sink will have to drain through 2 P traps, I'll keep the same gradient on the waste pipe but will this work/be ok?

Sponsored Links
Don't put two traps in line. Use a tee.
Sorry what do you mean? I thought the w/machine had to have a trap before connecting to the main waste.
I can't get to where it connects to the boss to change anything there & can't add too much bulk or else the w/machine will stick out too far from under the worktop.

Sorry about the picture... Talking on the phone at the same time.

If you can't do the equivalent of this, perhaps with a HepVo trap instead, then you have the reason why it is plumbed add it is.

14413775989451006123207.jpg

Sponsored Links
Need to fully read about the HepVo trap & get my head round if & where it would fit but as for your drawing the w/machine is the other side of the sink, the waste flows from right to left so the w/machine is between the sink & the boss connection if that makes sense.

On your drawing then, swap the WMC trap for a tee with the Branch being vertical. Then put a HepVo trap with running adapter and a little bit of pipe. Then put the WMC hose into that. Job done. 15 minutes tops.

Am I being thick or something, finally got the correct HepVo valve after being sent the wrong one but I can't see how the running adaptor connects, the PDF on wavin's website says 1 no. 40mm valve 1 no. 32mm running adaptor for w/machine yet the instructions inside the packaging say 1 no. 40mm running adaptor - which is it? I can't see how the 32mm adaptor fits the 40mm valve.
http://www.wavin.co.uk/web/download?uuid=e52d6bdb-da08-46bf-a313-ab1331dfba17
Also how do I connect to the tee, it doesn't just screw on? Do I need a small piece of pipe to connect them or another running adaptor?

Does anyone know?? I've tried calling Hepworth but all I'm getting is someone's v/mail.
32mm or 40mm running adaptor and how to connect to the tee?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back