Washing machine waste distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I am looking to install a washing machine in my kitchen but am a little limited with waste plumbing.

The machine location is 4m away from the sink waste connection. I plan to run the waste pipe underneath the kitchen units and then pop up 60cm to connect into the washing machine connection on the sink waste pipe. Is there likely to be a problem with this or should the machine pump handle that distance and raise at the end without much hassle?

Thanks
Darren

Sponsored Links
You would be better off going up first and then falling to outlet. Not much dead water that way.

If you must run it so far then I find it works better if you extend the pipe at 22 mm but as Jeff says run it just below the work top level and gently sloping downwards. I use solid 21.5mm overflow plastic tube as it can be angled downwards and does not sag.

Going down and then up is always problematic!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Last time I did this I used washing machine waste extension pipe, running flat with the ground.

Seems to be working absolutely fine.

And it's nice to see another Jersey member :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back