Need to move oil boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It actually needs moving back to back against the wall it is currently against. So pipes through the wall. The flue which goes through the wll now will not when moved and I need to add several pieces to take it up further (the installer in 2009 made it so fumes gather round the garden and don't blow away upwards–a fail IMO in installing).

1. The boiler has just been serviced so should not need adjustments just moving couple of feet. Can't find anyone to do it so it's a DIY job.
2. The boiler is a Grant 15-26 2009 vintage. Condensing I think with a flue that has air inlet at bottom and insulated SS flue. Can I replace this with a black finished flue?

Any other advice appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Some clear pictures of existing flue and boiler data plate please.
It's probably pre vortex model.
U10-17-11-08-58-R321 Here is my current flue stack belching fumes into the garden. I want to put the boiler against that wall (in a utility housing).
And then take the stack up to the roofline. Would prefer a black finish. I think these are insulated pipes with air in at the bottom. The boiler is a Pro Vortex. Thanks.
flue stack.jpg

Sponsored Links
So to be clear you want to move your boiler outside and put some sort of enclosure round it?
The existing flue is Grant green system
All current Grant external flue systems are black powder coated stainless steel.
We tend to use the yellow system flues with associated plume diverter kits .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back