Need to transform my Front Lawn into a parking space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with a little problem I have.

I have a garden at the front that is approximately 5/6 meters by approximately 3 meters.

Our son has recently passed his driving test and is looking at getting a car and will therefore need a parking space.

I have no idea how much the different types of methods of creating a space would cost and also how easy / difficult they would be.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions please? With explanations on how to do it and approx cost?

Many thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
1. Do you have a current vehicular access at this point? If not you must apply to the council for this, or for an existing access to be widened.

Cost will be determined by the council. All highways work on creating the access must be done by a Streetworks Registered contractor or the council themselves.

2. Permission for access/parking will depend on sightlines, type of road etc. If it's a main road then you may be required to have a turning area to avoid reversing into the road - if you don't have space you can get a vehicle turntable.

3. Planning law may require permeable hardstanding to avoid water running off into drains.

4. Any covenants associated with the appearance of the property or preventing creating more parking spaces?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back