Need wireless room stat + boiler receiver with WIFI (without 3rd hub)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have been researching different "smart" and WIFI enabled thermostats but havent been able to find anything that specifically suits my needs.

I have a basic, combi-driven heating system, with a Honeywell wireless CM61NG thermostat.

With the Hive, you need the "thermostat", "relay receiver" PLUS a "hub" to control the WIFI connectivity. I dont understand why the WIFI functionality cannot be incorporated within the "relay receiver" or the "thermostat", to save an additional plastic box?

With the Lyric T6, the WIFI receiver is built into the "thermostat" itself (so no extra "hub") which is good. There is also a variant with a radio link between the "thermostat" and "relay receiver" but its designed to sit on a table.

Is there a Wireless thermostat available which has a powered wall-mounted option, where the WIFI connectivity "hub" is incorporated in either the "thermostat" or "relay receiver"?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back