Need wiring to make lights on warning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all i have a vw trike it has no doors so cant use switch for light warning system, Does anyone know how to sort this i have put buzzer between relay and it just sends me mad. it needs somthing that when you turn key off it tells you lights are still on.

Sponsored Links
Is this what you mean CH427?

5 pin 12volt relay

Pin 85 to earth
Pin 86 to ignition live (when you turn the ignition on you should hear the relay click)
Pin 30 to light circuit supply (after the light switch and before the bulbs)
Pin 87A to buzzer supply
Earth the other wire on the buzzer

If you turn the ignition off and the lights are on the buzzer will sound.

Disadvantage: It will consume a small amount of current while the ignition is switched on, regardless of the light switch position. But this wont be an issue

Shout if you need a hand

Note:
You have a fuse on the light circuit and you have a fuse on the ignition circuit, probably in the fuse box? They will protest this additional wiring, just in case a wire hits the chassis.

All in series you can also use a low current Sonalert, a resistor for a volume control and a diode to prevent the current from going to bad places.
The +12v from the lights goes to the diode anode, through the components and to the ignition circuitry.
The resistance of the Sonalert is so much higher than that of the ignition circuitry that there may be only millivolts across the ignition until you turn off the lights. I doubt your ignition will mind.

Sponsored Links
Is this what you mean CH427?

5 pin 12volt relay

Pin 85 to earth
Pin 86 to ignition live (when you turn the ignition on you should hear the relay click)
Pin 30 to light circuit supply (after the light switch and before the bulbs)
Pin 87A to buzzer supply
Earth the other wire on the buzzer

If you turn the ignition off and the lights are on the buzzer will sound.

Disadvantage: It will consume a small amount of current while the ignition is switched on, regardless of the light switch position. But this wont be an issue

Shout if you need a hand

Note:
You have a fuse on the light circuit and you have a fuse on the ignition circuit, probably in the fuse box? They will protest this additional wiring, just in case a wire hits the chassis.

yes thats it

thanks will have a go :LOL: Had a go relay clicks when lights come on nothing happens whens lights go off????? no buzzer? or led comes on. :unsure:

Back