NEFF Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening. I have a NEFF Cooker Hood. It has two bulbs in it, incandescent. One left and one right. I noticed the left started flickering erratically, so i tried tightning it, nothing, same. So, I bought 2 hive bulbs to replace, thinking the bulb was about to go. Again, the left flickers unless not tightened too tight. So I swapped the two around which transfer the flickering to the right. Surely 2 bulbs were not dodgey. What could it be. They are ok at the moment, but if tightning too hard, it does not work at all.

Sponsored Links
I guess your fan has got ES or SES lamps. So it is possibly a bad connection in the lamp holder. Either the side contact is not in good connection with the body of the lamp or the bottom contact is not connecting with the solder terminal on the lamp. Sometimes a simple application of a contact cleaner applied to both terminals will cure the problem. Sometimes you need to carefully lever out the terminals a little so they apply more pressure to the lamp terminals (side & bottom). For future reference screwing in too hard makes the problem worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back