ducting for neff cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people I need to add external ducting to my neff cooker hood, when we bought and had the kitchen installed we were promised we did not need external ducting as the filters would take care of the steam, smells etc. Foolishly we believed the hype...it does not do it. .I know need to find out which ducting is required, the make of the hood is a NEFF... BUILT IN....code D69B20N0GB. ...SERIES 1 90cm PYRAMID DESIGN CHIMNEY HOOD. ...I have spent hours trawling the Web to findrthe ducting kit but had no luck at all, can anyone please help as to a link or where I can find an appropriate kit please, I am getting to my wits end, many many thanks in advance. ...ALAN
ps the kitchen company that originally installed the kitchen are no longer trading....also it seems the neff website seem to want a small foetune for there's ( if I saw the right thing )

Sponsored Links
Hi you say I need to know the size of the port exhaust on the fan assay ( what is that and as the hood is already fitted any idea where I find the info you suggested. ..many thanks
Ps would/could I find the info if I remove the filters on the hood ?

have you looked at the top of the hood yet?

Sponsored Links
No idea what i am supposed to be looking for ? But there is a nothing on the hood at all...only the filter switch & light switch.

Not the front. the top. Look at the top.

A 100mm hole with a plastic cap on it.

Have you got the instructions or parts diagram?

I cannot see any holes with caps as the hood has already been fixed to the wall, also I have no instructions or details except for what I have already posted ie make and code number etc of hood.i am hoping someone can check which hood I have exactly by the details I have posted and then tell me exactly what size duction I need and where to obtain it..many thanks again

Remove the filters & the fan assembly should be accessible underneath. There will be a housing with the motor attached & a round tube (4" or 6" ) protruding. This is where you attach the ducting then vent it outside through a hole in the wall. You may have to remove the chimney if one has been fitted & access it that way. If you cannot work this out then I am sorry to say I doubt your skills are good enough to be trying to vent it yourself & would really recommend you call someone in.

what I was trying to find out was what size ducting I would need before I had to dismantle the cooker hood as i was hoping someone may recognise the model and advise me before i had to dismantle it...so i could have ordered it beforehand and then dismantle the cooker hood then connect ducting,drill through wall etc at the same time as removing the hood...but it seems i will have to dismantle it anyway now to find the ducting size and then buy the appropriate fittings as i cannot access where the ducting will connect as the motor is in the way of the area i need to access.. many thanks anyway for your advice/help...cheers

I'll wager 50p that it will be 100mm ducting, same as all the other domestic cooker hoods I've ever seen. Some have a rectangular hole that a 100mm round adaptor fits.

Your job will be easier if you obtain the installation instructions from NEFF (it is a brand name in the Bosch group and you can usually download them from the website)

if yours has an ornamental fake chimney, it is doubtless obstructing visibility and access to the outlet so I am pretty sure you will have to take it off.

hi, I took your advice and downloaded the fitting instructions for my hood from the NEFF website..as far as I can make out it shows a diagram of outlet part of the hood and states " AIR CONNECTOR 150 MM to fit directly onto the air outlet on the hood"..so I guess it is a 150mm ducting pipe...it has to extract from a 6 ring hob..so I think that's why it seems a bit bigger than the normal fittings...would I be right in thinking that? once again many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back