ducting for neff cooker hood

150mm is unusually big. See if it says how many cubic metres per hour it extracts. You can get 150mm duct, but it is not so common.

You can also get a 150mm to 100mm adaptor, but the instructions ought to say what size of duct you need, it may vary with length. If you can duct it straight through the wall with a short duct, it will have the easiest flow. Look for a cowl vent with a single non-return flap under a weather hood to go on the outside of the wall.

You can get a core drill from a tool hire shop that will make a very neat hole. I like to pack the cavity with loft insulation mineral wool before pushing the duct in and mortaring the edges, because any existing cavity fill will tend to be disturbed.

Sponsored Links
Hi no info about extraction rates at all in instructions but I noticed it does mention reducers 150mm to 120mm or 120mm to 100mm so I guess by using reducers I will have more options on ducting size. ..the ducting only has to travel about one and a half feet at maximum to outside, I also already have a diamond core drill for the job..but now I have a clearer idea as to what possible ducting & accessories i need...many many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back