Neff Dishwasher doesn't heat the water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Neff S4453N0GB/13 integrated dishwasher and ever since moving in have noticed that the dishes are always dirty.

I have pinned it down to the water not heating up as even on the hottest wash, it is cold, however the dishwasher still dries the items and produces heat.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

From similar threads (https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/neff-dishwasher-not-heating-water.273935/) it seems to be a relay on the PCB, but surprised that it dries the dishes but doesn't heat the water as I would have presumed the heating element is shared amongst the 2 functions.

I think the machine is about 8 years old, so it is worth fixing or replacing?

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry Andy to clarify, we inherited the dishwasher and there is a single cold water inlet connected to the back of the machine.

Sponsored Links
t surprised that it dries the dishes but doesn't heat the water as I would have presumed the heating element is shared amongst the 2 functions.

Most modern dishwashers use a condensation method to get dishes dry, utilizing hot water instead of hot air.
But the two separate functions are controlled by two separate control circuits. Appliance repair forum may be able to help more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back