Neff dishwasher filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Any help much appreciated - I know nothing about dishwashers!

We have a (built in) Neff dishwasher - don't know the model number but a photo of the instruction booklet is attached if that looks familiar to anyone. The problem we are having is that it keeps filling up with water when not in a cycle - the pump periodically kicks in to drain some of it out. This is clean water and it stops when I turn off the water feed.

Upon closer inspection I noticed that the water is tricking in from a hole inside the machine near where I assume the water hose is connected. It seems to have washer which doesn't look in particularly good shape - could this be the cause? I've attached an image if it helps.

Is this most likely to be the problem? How easy is it to disconnect it all to replace this washer if so?

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments

• Dishwasher1.jpg
    Dishwasher1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Dishwasher2.jpg
    Dishwasher2.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 270
Sponsored Links
Pull it out, takes the sides off and inspect what happens to the filling loop and tanks. The inlet valve on these things can get gunged up with fat over the ears and the mechanism may get stuck....so it is telling the dishwasher to fill when it is already full.

Common cause is syphoning from the sink connection , the hose MUST have a high point higher than where it discharges into the waste .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back