NEFF Dishwasher stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

My Neff Dishwasher S54E53X0GB/09 suddently stopped working a few weeks ago. Pressing the on button didn't do anything. I checked the fuse and that is ok.

Then all of a sudden the machine switched on afer a few weeks and washed fine, but then has since gone dead again.

Is there any way I can diagnose what the problem might be with help from experts in the forum? Is there a test code I can try?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone

My Neff Dishwasher S54E53X0GB/09 suddently stopped working a few weeks ago. Pressing the on button didn't do anything. I checked the fuse and that is ok.

Then all of a sudden the machine switched on afer a few weeks and washed fine, but then has since gone dead again.

Is there any way I can diagnose what the problem might be with help from experts in the forum? Is there a test code I can try?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

I can't offer a definitive answer but I had the same problem on my Neff S4456N5/43

I searched through the posts on here and couldn't find anything similar...

Anyway, I took the machine apart and found that some of the insulation had broken down into big clumps. Not sure if it was due to age (it is 9 years old) or rodent/insect activity...

When I say insulation, I mean the thermal/acoustic insulation panels, not the electrical insulation on the wires...

Anyway, I remove/vacuumed out all of the insulation, put the machine back together and (so far) it is working fine...

Fingers crossed it was an overheating problem caused by the rogue insulation material....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back