NEFF Dishwasher Tap Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to get some advice my dishwasher. It fills and empties repeatedly from the start rather than engage the wash cycle. I set it off and it fills then after about a minute the red tap indicator light comes on and it empties again - then repeats the process. Grrr.
Having read around other posts I have eliminated blocked pipes water get in and out freely and all pipes and filters are clear as is the water matrix. The anti-flood mechanism and float valve works fine. Nor is there any leaks from the machine at all or any water in the base tray.

Help please :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Took off the impeller jug which whirrs nicely when I blow through it and stops when I place a magnet on the side. I reassembled and tried dishwasher again but no change- it still in a cycle of filling until its too full then the float valve cuts in n empties it so it repeats. I'm not sure it'll sort the problem but I'm gonna order a new impeller jug.

It really is the most likely cause,I have changed two this week for the same reason.The reed switch inside fails and no impulse is sent to the pcb.

Thanks for your help Assuhors - I've ordered one so I should know if it sorts the problem in a few days. Fingers crossed.

Fitted the new impeller jug and dishwasher now working fine. Wish to express my complete appreciation of your advice Assuhors - Thankyou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back