Neff Electric Oven (B14M62N0GB) - metal sheet above grill hanging off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Neff Electric Oven (B14M62N0GB) (https://www.neff-home.com/uk/supportdetail/product/B14M62N0GB/01#/Tabs=section-spareparts/)

There's a metal sheet above the top heater part which I've just noticed is hanging off - see attached pics.

Looking at the parts diagram I think it's a catalytic liner.

There is only one screws to hold such a heavy piece in place - what a genius design! The screw is corroded and so has the hole in the plate to which it screws into.

What kind of engineers do these company hire. Did it not occur to them to use non-corrosive materials considering the environment in which they are being used?

I rang Neff customer support and they don't even have a technical support department. The woman I got through to was extremely rude and cut me off deliberately on two occasions.

Does anyone know if this part can be repaired. The only way I can think of is making another hole and screwing it into that but it's a bit risky or can the oven still be used without this catalytic liner? Trying to ask Neff is like talking to a brick wall

Note appliance is out of warranty.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back