Neff b45e52 Oven went bang - anything I can do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My Neff b45e52 Oven just went bang. I switched it on, the light briefly flashed on and then t went pop and tripped the breaker.

After turning the breaker back on, I turned the oven back on and although I have power (the clock is on), it doesnt do anything else.

I removed the bulb and it just fell away from the metal screw (which I had to remove separately with a pair of pliers).

The last bulp I changed did the same so this might have just been a coincidence.

The oven is only about 3 years old.

Is there anything I can do/check myself or is this an engineer job?

I have also looked for the serial number which the instruction manual says is on the "right hand side of the oven door" but I cannot find it. Can anyone advise where I might find?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It could be a number of things, are there any signs of dusty grey residue in the oven?
As I would be looking at electrical connection, it could be any connection that have become loose or damaged, but could be a component such as the light, fan or element.
Do you have a multi-meter?

No multi meter, however....

Decided to leave it powered off for an hour or so this morning, just in case something internally reset.

The above may or may not be related.

I then decided just to start fiddling with the knobs to see if it does anything else at all and it fired up!

Just testing all the functions work and it heats up OK, but it's looking good.

So if the same happens to someone else, I recommend just trying all the knobs etc!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back