Neff built in oven light not working, changed bulb and still not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all, Neff want £90 for a call out to look at the oven, we have survived for several years like this but it could be a simple fix.
The light stopped working, there is a glass cover at the top of the oven, ive changed the bulb and ive checked that prongs inside the fitting are out enough and they look like they are. New bulb isnt working, bought another bulb and nothing. I cant see any switch on the door to turn it on when the door is open like the microwave and from memory the light is on when you select a program aswell as when the door is open.

anything else to try, i will ask my dad when hes round next to test with a multi meter to check that there is power there, was thinking perhaps a fuse for the bulb but i have no idea where that is.

this is the oven we have, its quite a few years old but works fine other than the internal light

https://www.neff-home.com/uk/supportdetail/product/B15P42N0GB/02#/Tabs=section-manuals/

Sponsored Links
Need to check the voltage at the bulb holder really.

If there is no voltage remove the oven. And trace the bulb holder wires inside the oven, at some point you will find the end so you can check voltage at the board to the light.

Just had the same issue, or so we thought.
Not sure of the specific Neff model; it's a fairly basic fan oven from around 2003-2004.
Put a new bulb in after the old one blew, and it just wouldn't light.
Tested new bulb in another SES light fitting and it was just fine there.
Oven was coming on OK. All very perplexing.
Then wife had the genius idea "maybe you have to set the clock?" (Which was just flashing 0:00)
I was a bit "that'd be daft... the oven is coming on, why would the light depend on the clock?"
But sure enough we set the clock and the light started working!

Just had the same issue, or so we thought.
Not sure of the specific Neff model; it's a fairly basic fan oven from around 2003-2004.
Put a new bulb in after the old one blew, and it just wouldn't light.
Tested new bulb in another SES light fitting and it was just fine there.
Oven was coming on OK. All very perplexing.
Then wife had the genius idea "maybe you have to set the clock?" (Which was just flashing 0:00)
I was a bit "that'd be daft... the oven is coming on, why would the light depend on the clock?"
But sure enough we set the clock and the light started working!
I know this is an old thread but just want to say thanks! Just pyrolitic cleaned my oven and same issues, light not working and checked 3 bulbs. Read this and saw the clock on 0:00 - now it's working. Completely bizarre but you've saved me an unecessary call out.

Sponsored Links
The Neff oven needs to be switched OFF to safely change the oven bulb. When the oven is switched back ON the light (and oven) won't work until you reset the clock. This seems to apply to a lot of domestic appliances these days due to all the software control built into the operating
system. I get caught out every time!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back