Neff Oven loose control knob fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Neff Combination Microwave that has suffered a loose selection knob. The Oven is their B6774 built in. The (timer) selector knob has become very loose but I fixed it today. Both selector knobs are identical but I ordered one new one for about £30. The problem has become worse with it's resting position being about 5mm further out than the other knob.

I can tell you how to dismantle the unit but you don't need to! I ended up with the complete control panel on the bench from which I extracted the problem knob in it's cage. But the only thing holding the knob part is the friction on the 'D' shaft. You just need to push the control knob back in from the front.

Now I have the old knob which is completely serviceable. Still, the associated cleaning is most welcome.

ps I have a picture of what it looked like before repair.

Sponsored Links
Now a couple of pictures. The close up shows how far out the knob was...

Attachments

• IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 192

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back