Neff oven intermittent temperature fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Neff electric double oven has started to intermittently not heat up the lower (fan) oven. Sometimes it's fine, other times I find the fan running but it's failed to heat up. Knob manipulation has so far made it work. Are there any obvious causes for this? I'm thinking thermostat, switch or some kind of control board, but I'd like to get an idea before opening it up and probing around.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
If its not electronic, then its either t/stat or element.
If it wont come on & you just turn the t/stat a little, it could be the stat or could even been a wiring problem, at the t/stat or element.
I would plump for t/stat.

Thanks. Do you know of a way I can test that hypothesis? Other that buying a new one!

If its eay to get to the wiring at the back of the stat, you can short the terminals, then the oven should stay on, as you will need to get to the t/stat to replace it you might as well have a look.
Before you do that, find where you are going to get the replacement so you can leave the oven in bits.

To get a replacement t/stat you will need the oven model number

REMEMBER TO ISOLATE OVEN

Sponsored Links
OK, I see that the thermostat is actually also the switch behind the temp knob. Moving that knob always seems to bring it to life, so I'm pretty certain now that it's the problem. I can't disassemble until I have the part, we need the oven daily so I can't leave it in bits, bit I'm prepared to take a risk I think. Though I am tempted to apply the WD40 and see if that fixes it....

Thanks for your help.

ok, I ordered a new main oven thermostat from Spares4appliances, but it doesn't seem to be the right part, even though every spares website uses the same part code. the original has several switch points as you turn the knob...going clockwise it clicks to turn on the light, before going to the heat setting, and finally clicks to a fan only setting. the replacement is a simple temperature control, only two terminals and no switches.

is this normal? can one not get the unit with switching built in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back