Neff Fan Assisted Oven

BFA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fan assisted part of our Neff double oven (approx 10 years old) has stopped working, the fan works okay but the oven does not heat up. Everything else such as the conventional oven, grill and small oven are working okay. Any ideas what could be the problem and if it is something like the element or thermostat are they easy to replace.

Thanks for your help
BFA

Sponsored Links
If the thermostat light comes on but not heating then the element has gone.

Thanks rocks1.

I've just taken the fan assist element off and it looks as though that's the problem. Went to purchase one online and the replacement both from Neff and Espares has only two terminals whereas the one I've took off has three. Is this third one for the earth, if so, what do I do with the 3rd lead that has no terminal - connect it to one of the screws on the oven? Also how can I identify which one it is, by the colour, as they all seem to covered in a white material?

Espares has two replacement elements that fit the oven, one is a genuine spare and cost £63.99 whereas the other is a compatible and only £17.49, am I alright going with the cheaper one as it's a lot of difference.

Thanks
BFA

Your genuine Neff element has lasted you 10 years, doubt that the £17.99 one will. As for the earth terminal, the element should be earthed by the fixings so just insulate the earth wire & fasten somewhere safely. The white material is probably heat proof sleeving, you should be able to slide it along the wire to establish the colours.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back