Problem with Neff conventional oven not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Had an odd electrical/burning sort of smell from a Neff conventional oven recently, went on for maybe 3 or 4 weeks with the oven working fine.

But now the oven no longer heats up.

It is an oven / grill (the grill still works), and it has a Neff fan oven below. It is just the top conventional oven that no longer heats up.

Does anyone know how these ovens work and what is likely to be the problem?

Haven't looked yet, but there is a panel at the back of the oven, is there likely to be an element behind there? Will open it and check when I get a chance to see what is there

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the element. If so it is really easy to change. If you unscrew that panel you will see the element. Mine was out of shape and had a bulge where it had blown. The element is held in with a few further screws. The wires attach with spade terminals. Tie a piece of string round the cables and tie the other end to the door hinge or something. If they fall through the hole you have to pull the cooker out to retrieve them. Ease the terminals off with pliers.
Reverse the procedure to put it back.
I bought mine from http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/. It was only around £15 and arrived quickly. My cooker had no model number on the front so I rang them up and they identified which one I wanted. They also have a video showing what you need to do.
Nice company

Thank you for the details

I removed that panel and, very oddly, there was absolutely nothing behind it, not even an empty space, just a gap of maybe 2mm - 3mm then the back of the oven

An electrician friend told me it is likely to be behind the oven which means removing it from the unit. I've found out how to remove it but it seems to be heating up okay, just checked it the other day

Odd.

If the problem reoccurs I'll take a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back