Neff double oven won’t heat up after blown bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The bulb recently blew in my Neff U14M42N3GB/1 double oven. This has caused the main element, grill element and fan to stop working in the main oven. When you turn the temperature knob it clicks but the light does not come on.

I have tested both elements and they are fine. Also the top smaller oven is working fine.

Some threads are saying it’s the thermostat or the thermal fuse (cant find a thermal fuse) or worst case it’s the control board. I am happy to fit, just need to work out what part is faulty.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
unusual.

Is the clock/timer going, and set to Manual?

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. The clock/timer is working fine as it also controls the smaller top oven.

Im getting the feeling something has blown as everything in lower oven has stopped working. I was thinking I could swap the thermostat over from the top oven to rule that out.

the thermostat wouldn't stop the fan.

it's very common for ovens not to work when the clock is stopped, so I suppose there might be an override on a circuit board inside.

Sponsored Links
Clock modules are a very common cause of failure. I just bypassed mine when it failed as we never use the clock feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back