NEFF Oven: Timer beeping eratically

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
(Neff Model: 1641 Fan Oven)

When the oven timer usually goes off, it's a beep-beep.... beep-beep..... noise until it's cancelled.

The oven is beeping intermittently without being switched on. At first I thought that it was pattern of beeps (sometimes, 4,3,2 or two single beeps) every 4-5 minutes. The timer isn't set and i've power cycled the oven to try to 'clear' any stuck 'cycle'.

It sounds like it may be a fault notification of some sort, but I can't find anything in the manual.

Any suggestions chaps?

Cheers
Pete

Sponsored Links
I've since taken the oven off of Child Lock (which has always been our prefered setting - and the oven didn't beep before today with it set), and the beeping has stopped.

Does this sound like a switch fault to you?

Cheers
Pete

Hope you don't mind me dragging up this old thread!

Our oven, also by possible coincidence the exact same model a Neff 1641, has started bleeping erratically with no timer set.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the root cause, or is setting Child Lock (which I didn't even realise existed) enough to silence it?

Thanks - Rufus.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Further to my original post, the problem went away. Now, over a year on, and the problem has come back.

I have a NEFF 1461 Fan Oven and the timer is starting to beep again in an usual pattern. It seems to beep as follows:

1 beep, 4 beeps, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 1 etc.

Turning the power off doesn't reset it. We use the child lock and setting / resetting that doesn't make a difference.

The ENR number is B1461NOGB/01 FD8012

Any ideas?
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back