neighbours growing ivy on our old lime and mortar brick wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
just poison it from your side and dont worry about the consequences : )

if you are going to grow ivy anywhere then you have to it responsibly as with many plants that are vigourous, invasive or self seeding.

if they cant make the effort to look after your wall then you shouldnt worry about their plant.

there is no way any court in the country are going to be able to prove that you killed their plant.

blame me if you want to. just do it.

its a horrible plant if left to its own device so i wouldnt feel bad about it.

i wouldnt hesitate to poison a neighbours plant were they not prepared to manage it for themselves.

Two wrongs make a right in your world apparently.

A court doesn't have to prove a plant was killed. A court just needs to be satisified that a pesticide was used illegally on someone else's land.

you can get a glyphosate concentrate from wilkinsons for a couple of quid.

ceres-2 wrongs? what is the right thing to do then? let the wall fall over?

why start a legal battle over something that can be resolved so easily?

what is wrong with taking care of things yourself?

the law doesnt work for you or us or anyone except for the people that create them and they dont give a poo if your neighbour has an invasive weed causing a hazardous situation for others.

maybe we could have a note from your mummy saying that it is ok to poison the plant in question....or we can just hide behind our curtain getting stressed and miserable over something relatively trivial.

syringe-glyphoste and then get ceres to go over and try reason with the neighbours for a couple of months before he convinces you that its not neighbourly to have a wall up between the 2 of you in the first place.

would be nice if ceres has a nice limp wristed solution to be bullied by a flinking plant!

oh...try talking with the ivy maybe, take it a cup of tea and a pipe and try reason with it and it might grow in another direction for you and repoint your wall...

when the shrooms wear off just go and stick it to it and forget about.

nothing wrong about defending your rights.

you can get a glyphosate concentrate from wilkinsons for a couple of quid.

what is wrong with taking care of things yourself?

What's wrong is it's illegal.

munchingB said:
nothing wrong about defending your rights.

There's everything wrong with commiting a criminal offence which is exactly what you're advocating.

The remainder of your post isn't worth the effort of replying to - when you resort to petty insult and name-calling, you've lost the debate.

Sponsored Links
since when has it been a criminal offence to poison a plant growing on your side of a wall?

go and ask mummy if its ok to sneeze will you?

im not debating anything am i? you are debating with yourself.

i was airing my opinion and you replied to me instead of advising the OP.

i havnt lost anything have i?

go and cause trouble with someone else.

i didnt advise the OP to go steal a car or mug someone did i?

just because something is written into law does not mean it is right.

you know in parts of the states it is a criminal offence to collect rain water...or to feed the homeless?

so who gives a poo what they say is a criminal offence. morally it is not.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel - Palestinians? Yes, I saw it before you realised your stupidity in posting such offensive rubbish. No doubt the mods saw it too.

scraping the bottom of the barrel? what the hell?

i was giving an example of something very very wrong that is being portray as legitimate or legal even when in fact it is basically extermination by the zionists.

dont lecture me.

same thing is happening in ukraine but you only mention palestinians. i only edited the post because i thought it had so little relevance and you have only gone and misinterpreted what i said...as predicted.

i was saying devote your energies to saving them instead of the OP who has a relatively trivial problem.

now go argue with your mummy, tell her what a good little snit you are have have a nice day doing some naffing off will you. cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back