Nest 3rd gen heat link wiring connections?

Hi
The thermostat itself maybe wireless, but there will be a receiver somewhere that it communicates with that has the necessary wires connected to it.

It maybe that your existing Honeywell programmer / timer had the receiver inbuilt, if so that's fine as you are replacing it. However, I don't think this is likely. So, if you can tell us the make and model of the existing wireless thermostat we can advise further.

We knew that already as we can tell from the wiring. In fact, if you look at the page of the manual I posted you earlier you will see that it's headed Y Plan.

Yes the Honeywell programmer has the receiver inbuilt I'll let you know model when I get back

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Excellent, if it's inbuilt then carry on as you are, no other changes are necessary.

You know I'm sitting here reading this & how much limited knowledge the DaftyDIYer OP has!!
It's amazing how little volts or amps(Skools out on this) actually kills you!!

I hope you guys giving out wiring instructions are well insured?

We all give advice everyday. Direct someone to the post office across the road and they get knocked down crossing it. Perhaps we need insurance for that too?

Of course if there is something incorrect in the wiring instructions given please point it out. Maybe someone may consider you as negligent if you were aware and didn't.

This is a DIY forum, and DIY may involve lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders, tools or even power tools. So by your reasoning no one would give any advice for anything, except perhaps for knitting. Oh hang on a minute you could have someone's eye out with that needle....

Sponsored Links
You know I'm sitting here reading this & how much limited knowledge the DaftyDIYer OP has!!
It's amazing how little volts or amps(Skools out on this) actually kills you!!

I hope you guys giving out wiring instructions are well insured?

"Skools out" on nothing. It is well known what quantity can reliably stop the heart and it is neither of those... Worth noting 'amps' is a unit, not a quantity.

Looking through the OPs history, they are no stranger to a bit of DIY gas or electrical work.

We all give advice everyday. Direct someone to the post office across the road and they get knocked down crossing it. Perhaps we need insurance for that too?

Of course if there is something incorrect in the wiring instructions given please point it out. Maybe someone may consider you as negligent if you were aware and didn't.

This is a DIY forum, and DIY may involve lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders, tools or even power tools. So by your reasoning no one would give any advice for anything, except perhaps for knitting. Oh hang on a minute you could have someone's eye out with that needle....

Eh, I think you'll find it's called DIYNOT!!

Do you really think it's safe to have DaftyDIYers doing their own electrical work? One of them is going to fry!! But hey you'll not know they've killed themselves, the forum owners will soon know.
Where's there's blame there's a claim!!

Last edited:
"Skools out" on nothing. It is well known what quantity can reliably stop the heart and it is neither of those... Worth noting 'amps' is a unit, not a quantity.

Looking through the OPs history, they are no stranger to a bit of DIY gas or electrical work.
Ah, one of the DaftyDIYers doing gas work - which I thought was discouraged on here??!! But I & several of my fellow elite Gas Safe RGIs are beginning to suspect this isn't the case.

What would you prefer fella; a belter of 110v/75amps or 230v/5amps? Would they both kill you?

Eh, I think you'll find it's called DIYNOT!!

Do really think it's safe to have DaftyDIYers doing their own electrical work? One of them is going to fry!! But hey you'll not know they've killed themselves, the forum owners will soon know.
Where's there's blame there's a claim!!

I think you missed the point of the name 'DIYnot'. :LOL:

Ah, one of the DaftyDIYers doing gas work - which I thought was discouraged on here??!! But I & several of my fellow elite Gas Safe RGIs are beginning to suspect this isn't the case.

What would you prefer fella; a belter of 110v/75amps or 230v/5amps? Would they both kill you?

Please enlighten how it would be possible to conduct 75 amps through the human body.

Yes, given it is a forum for advice on DIY, can you work out what the name actually means/implies?

Please enlighten how it would be possible to conduct 75 amps through the human body.

Yes, given it is a forum for advice on DIY, can you work out what the name actually means/implies?
Oh you're a right smart c.nt eh, I wish I was as bright as you.

IMG_3332.JPG
Hi

Ok guys all done and working...Again massive thanks for the help!

Many thanks

Last edited:
PullerGas,

Looking at doing the same. Honeywell controller etc. My question is, how do you control the hot water temperature? I’ve got the Honeywell RF hot water kit installed on the cylinder.

Thanks for any help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back