Nest 3rd gen, hot water works but radiators aren't coming on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I installed the nest 3rd gen this weekend thanks to the help I got from this forum, only problem I seem to be having now is that my radiators aren't coming on, even when I turn the heating up to full? The radiators themselves are on full, but turning up the thermostat doesn't seem to make them warm up? I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

IMG20220321201649.jpgIMG20220321201826.jpg
Thats the wiring centre and nest as it's currently set up, the nest has replaced the programmer.

IMG20220319165918.jpgIMG20220319170423.jpg
That's how the old LP522 was wired up.

I hope someone can tell me im missing something in the heatlink

Sponsored Links
Did you have a old room stat ? Did you bridge it out
Bridge it out?
I worked out the wires and disconnected them from the wiring centre, using two of them for 12v power from the heatlink.
IMG20220319170723.jpg

That was the old room stat wiring.

You need to bridge terminals 2 and 3 in the wiring centre or just move the white wire in terminal 4 to terminal 3.

Sponsored Links
Also you need to move the blue wire in terminal 4 in the heat link to terminal 6

You need to bridge terminals 2 and 3 in the wiring centre or just move the white wire in terminal 4 to terminal 3.
Ahhh okay, I'll give that a go.

Also you need to move the blue wire in terminal 4 in the heat link to terminal 6
Oh really? I copied the terminals from the old programmer to the nest, I guess for Y plans it's a bit different?

On the nest terminal 4 is heating off, terminal 6 is heating on.

Now I'm confused, as in the nest manual it says:
IMG20220321221640.jpg

So 6 is call for heat for HW and 3 is call for heat for CH, and the blue and yellow cables in my wiring centre are labelled this:
IMG20220321221925.jpg

So should I not be putting the yellow cable into number 6 and the blue into number 3?

I'm not questioning your knowledge btw, just have a cold wife who wants the heating back on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back