Nest cutting heating off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know this is going to sound a bit vague, but Ive had my nest installed for about 5 months now, but since installing it, it seems to trip the boiler alot, randomly.

Like the heating can be on, and randomly cut off , to the point where i have to take the cover off the boiler and hit the reset button.

Any ideas what it could be?

Sponsored Links
More likely a fault with the boiler / central heating system if the boiler is regularly going to "lock out ". What exactly are you resetting ?

yeah its the lockout reset. It never happened before we had the nest, and ive had my local boiler guy look at it when servicing the boiler and he cant find anything wrong with it.

Sponsored Links
Yeah say please and thank you first!
Hi all,

I know this is going to sound a bit vague, but Ive had my nest installed for about 5 months now, but since installing it, it seems to trip the boiler alot, randomly.

Like the heating can be on, and randomly cut off , to the point where i have to take the cover off the boiler and hit the reset button.

Any ideas what it could be?

Yeah say please first.

Yeah, like, man, find some manners.

And another RGI.

I don't see how Nest in itself can cause a lockout. It is essentially a (posh) timer. It will be a boiler fault, or an external valve or pump issue - not impossible to have been caused by dodgy wiring inserted or disturbed when installing NEST

Sorry guys, thanks for all of the help , its a great forum this. Sorry.

Ill get the boiler guy out again. He did look when he did the last service and said it all looks fine. Its a danesmoore 20/25

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back