Nest Heatlink Stopped Working? Intergas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently switched to a new Virgin Superhub 3 and around the same time the Heatlink stopped working. I have reconnected to the new router on the thermostat but it just won't connect to the Heatlink.

Pics:
2IBPG3W.jpg

743vCLA.jpg

sBIptSq.jpg
There is no light at all on the Heatlink. Have checked L + N which is showing 240v so should be power. Not sure what the other 2 wires are for. Have tried pressing/long press does nothing.

Anyone know what's up? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could be a duff heat link. Is there a panel on the boiler that drops down? Did you test the voltage at the heat link?

If there's 230v across L&N at the Heat Link but you've got no lights then the Heat Link is dead.

Worth noting that you have a lovely OpenTherm boiler and a Nest which can control it via OpenTherm, but it's connected via the on/off terminals. You'll get better efficency out of your boiler if it's connected via OT. You'll need a pro to do this.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Not sure what OpenTherm is but I hardly used the central heating last winter so maybe no point of switching to it.

Yes there is 230v across L+N. I had a look and doesn't look like it's possible to even buy a new Heat Link? It's just coming up to 2 years old I think.

And no the fused outlet is what I installed to power the boiler... but haven't actually connected it yet. It's plugged into a normal socket.

No, heat links aren't available as spares, you have to buy a complete package. Might still be under warranty, call Nest Technical Support to find out

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If there's 230v across L&N at the Heat Link but you've got no lights then the Heat Link is dead.

Worth noting that you have a lovely OpenTherm boiler and a Nest which can control it via OpenTherm, but it's connected via the on/off terminals. You'll get better efficency out of your boiler if it's connected via OT. You'll need a pro to do this.

Why do you need a pro to connect the low voltage opentherm lines, is there additional settings required to input to the boiler?

@op the opentherm is definitely worthwhile wiring in if you can

Why do you need a pro to connect the low voltage opentherm lines, is there additional settings required to input to the boiler?
Requires removal of the room-sealing boiler casing to access the terminals, which should only be done by a competent person, preferably someone familiar with these boilers as there's a bit of a knack to getting the casing off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back