nest installation with Worcester 28Si II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anyone knows if Nest 3rd Gen can be installed with Worcester 28Si II boiler? Any pointers?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
First of all, if a room sealed cover has to be removed to access the wiring terminals on your particular boiler, then you shouldn't DIY but employ the services of a Gas Safe engineer who can carry out the appropriate safety checks afterwards.

There is a diagram in the 28 Si II boiler installation manual showing the connections to use:
Capture2.JPG

OK, the Nest Heat link doesn't physically have a motor, but it still requires the 230V supply to power its electronics.

Ns = Neutral supply.....Goes to Nest Heat link N
Ls = Live supply.....Goes to Nest Heat link L
Lr = Live return, marked as the Switched Live wire in the diagram.....Goes to Nest Heat link terminal (3) 'Heating call for heat'

The Heat link will also need to have a wire link inserted between terminals (L) and (2) 'Heating Common'

...a room sealed cover has to be removed to access the wiring terminals on your particular boiler, ...

Thanks for the detailed response. Apologies for the question but what do you mean by "a room sealed cover"?

Sponsored Links
sorry meant to add that your boiler is OK you dont have to remove that cover, check what 3rd gen nest you are looking at you need a single channel one for combi boilers not a dual channel one

I haven't had experience of every make / model of boiler, and those that I have I can't always remember when I'm not in front of it. So to be on the safe side I put that statement in just in case. Otherwise I get moaned at.

Interestingly I fitted a Nest to a Ideal Vogue Gen 2 recently using Open Therm. Doing as I'm told, I got the Gas Safe guy who had installed it 2 days prior to remove and replace the cover for me, which he did...but without carrying out a single test afterwards......

Fortunately he had called to pick up his cheque so I took advance of his presence, and it didn't cost anything.

First of all, if a room sealed cover has to be removed to access the wiring terminals on your particular boiler, then you shouldn't DIY but employ the services of a Gas Safe engineer who can carry out the appropriate safety checks afterwards.

There is a diagram in the 28 Si II boiler installation manual showing the connections to use:
View attachment 152665

OK, the Nest Heat link doesn't physically have a motor, but it still requires the 230V supply to power its electronics.

Ns = Neutral supply.....Goes to Nest Heat link N
Ls = Live supply.....Goes to Nest Heat link L
Lr = Live return, marked as the Switched Live wire in the diagram.....Goes to Nest Heat link terminal (3) 'Heating call for heat'

The Heat link will also need to have a wire link inserted between terminals (L) and (2) 'Heating Common'

Thanks everyone for your response but special thanks to @stem the help with above. I have managed to install it using this. :)

Hi I am looking to install the new mini hive, is this boiler compatible and how do I go about installing please, it’s for my mums house, thanks in advance

Hi mandii.

For your future reference you should have really started your own new thread, not hijacked someone else's. Your question is far less likely to be seen by the majority of posters buried at the bottom of a 4 year old thread and it's also against the forum rules. However, here's the info you require:

1654005889636.png

For a combi boiler without a stored hot water cylinder (aka Hot Water Cylinder) you would require the single channel version of Hive.

Ns = Neutral supply.....Goes to Hive N
Ls = Live supply.....Goes to Hive L
Lr = Live return.....Goes to Hive terminal (3) 'Heating on'

Then add a link between the two terminals Hive L and Hive (1) 'Common'

1654006052992.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back