nest thermostat and and old kingfisher boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

So I have a nest thermostat and and old kingfisher boiler.

already put live and switch live together on the thermostat.

When I adjust the temperature on the thermostat I hear something going on in the boiler like a pump working but the boiler does not fire and the radiators don't get hot.

When I switch on the hot water the boiler fired (even if the temp is low) and the hot water and radiators start coming on.

Really not sure why it isn't working.

I've wired the live and neutral correctly and it switches on

Both comms for hot water and heating are taken from the live

I'll try and take a picture of the nest thermostat wiring when I get home.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Hi

So I have a nest thermostat and and old kingfisher boiler.

I've wired it up like yours and had already put live and switch live together on the thermostat.

When I adjust the temperature on the thermostat I hear something going on in the boiler like a pump working but the boiler does not fire and the radiators don't get hot.

When I switch on the hot water the boiler fired (even if the temp is low) and the hot water and radiators start coming on.

Really not sure why it isn't working.

I've wired the live and neutral correctly ad it switches on

Both comms for hot water and heating are taken from the live

I'll try and take a picture of the nest thermostat wiring when I get home.

Thanks for any help

Hello Ariel,

We need to see this picture, also I see this a potterton kingfisher? And which version? Is this something you’ve wired in yourself?

You may have a heating system with pumped central heating and gravity circulated hot water. If so, these systems won't supply central heating without the hot water also being 'on' at the same time. Try switching the heating and hot water on together and see if the radiators heat up then.

If that doesn't work, the info requested by @The Novice would be useful.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back