3rd gen nest thermostat no hot water with Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3rd gen Nest thermostat that connects to my Vaillant ecoTEC pure 825 combination boiler. I’m having an issue that I have no hot water unless the radiators/heating is on. I have to keep setting my thermostat to higher than room temperature so that I can get hot water from the tap.

I can’t wrap my head around how I can have the heating off with Nest but still have hot water? I don’t have a hot water setting on my Nest thermostat. I’ve seen online that with a combi boiler that hot water should kick in regardless of the thermostat.

If I set Nest to manual and turn the radiators/heating off on the boiler I still have hot water. But when I do it on the nest thermostat the whole boiler goes off and the hot water turns cold.

Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Just as a note, this is a brand new boiler and nest thermostat that was fitted by a plumber this week.

Sponsored Links
Yes when I touch anything on the boiler nothing happens unless I put the thermostat into manual mode

Sponsored Links
Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Just as a note, this is a brand new boiler and nest thermostat that was fitted by a plumber this week.

Yes, call the installer back, as it seems they've made an error somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back