Nest Thermostat E / Ideal Independent c24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have fitted a Nest Thermostat E and wired NO and C from the Heat Link to my Ideal Independent C24 as shown in the attached photo, having removed the jump (there was no previous room stat). I have switched the boiler to manual on.

The heating continuously runs, even when I turn the stat down below room temp and hear the heat link click, indicating it has received the instruction.

Does anybody have any ideas?
IMG_4114.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Goosed heat link out the box?
Simple troubleshooting step in that case, disconnect the 'Room Stat' connection to the Heatlink, and see if the heating turns off.
Although as the OP has said about hearing a click, that suggests that the Heatlink relay is at least partially operating.

The heating continuously runs, even when I turn the stat down below room temp and hear the heat link click, indicating it has received the instruction
Out of curiosity, how long have you left the system running, after you have turned the stat down (and heard the click), before intervening?

Reactions: CBW
Simple troubleshooting step in that case, disconnect the 'Room Stat' connection to the Heatlink, and see if the heating turns off.
Although as the OP has said about hearing a click, that suggests that the Heatlink relay is at least partially operating.

Out of curiosity, how long have you left the system running, after you have turned the stat down (and heard the click), before intervening?
I have left it maybe 2-3 minutes. Mainly because I have had a Nest before and it normally kicks out almost instantly.

if you have an on board timer , it needs to be set to constantly on, if it is, put the two wires in NO and COM in the same terminal, if the boiler now comes on the Nest E is faulty

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back