Nest Thermostat with heatline viso 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction with the installation of a nest thermostat.

So i have the nest 3rd gen and need to connect this to the boiler. Can anybody help point me in the right direction to which connections on the boiler side i require to use. The programmer is built into the boiler so there's no existing wiring available apart from the room thermostat.

Below is a copy of the boiler manual.
http://www.centralheating.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0000/5866/Vizo-24-and-28-manual.pdf

Below is a copy of the nest install guide.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/support-as...Nest-Learning-Thermostat-Install-Guide-UK.pdf

Sponsored Links
There is a handy search button at the top of the page. This question has been asked thousands of times.

See also the suggested links at the bottom of the page.

thank you for pointing out the obvious :)

Would you be so kind to point me in the direction of the other posts based on my requirements.

thank you for pointing out the obvious :)

Would you be so kind to point me in the direction of the other posts based on my requirements.
I don't suggest you do it yourself from scratch. It is always better to help those who have already known some thing, but stuck in a particular point.

Call a Nest installer then.

Sponsored Links
What do you expect the Nest to do for you on your boiler?

Tony

Tony,

The Nest Learning Thermostat is an electronic, programmable, and self-learning Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat that optimizes heating and cooling of homes and businesses to conserve energy. It is based on a machine learning algorithm: for the first weeks users have to regulate the thermostat in order to provide the reference data set. Nest can then learn people's schedule, at which temperature they are used to and when. Using built-in sensors and phones' locations it can shift into energy saving mode when it realizes nobody is at home.

21st century technology. Its the future.

Alls im really after is advise on where i would connect terminals 2 and 3 from the heatlink on the boiler side.

To the two terminals where your existing room stat goes to, doesn't matter polarity.

Heatline Vizo has both main voltage connection and voltage free connection. Room stat is a switch.

Last edited:
the wires that go to your existing room thermostat should now go to the nest as Herts says the nest is just an on off switch exactly the same as your existing thermostat but you will also need to provide a 240v supply to the receiver of the nest learning thermostat as well as wiring the thermostat link

Tony,

The Nest Learning Thermostat is an electronic, programmable, and self-learning Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat that optimizes heating and cooling of homes and businesses to conserve energy. It is based on a machine learning algorithm: for the first weeks users have to regulate the thermostat in order to provide the reference data set. Nest can then learn people's schedule, at which temperature they are used to and when. Using built-in sensors and phones' locations it can shift into energy saving mode when it realizes nobody is at home.

Yes, I am well aware of what they can do! I am a registered Nest Installer !

But I wondered what you hoped that it would achieve for YOU with your Heatline boiler!

Tony,

Yes, I am well aware of what they can do! I am a registered Nest Installer !

But I wondered what you hoped that it would achieve for YOU with your Heatline boiler!

Tony, I'm a little disappointed with your initial response considering your a registered nest installer.

The reason ive chosen nest is the API available with it for integration with other home automation projects I'm developing. Its basically to turn my heating up/down using voice commands and a custom app to control my home.

the wires that go to your existing room thermostat should now go to the nest as Herts says the nest is just an on off switch exactly the same as your existing thermostat but you will also need to provide a 240v supply to the receiver of the nest learning thermostat as well as wiring the thermostat link

Thanks for your assistance hertsboiler and ianmcd much appreciated.
I spoke to nest support re connecting to the thermostat initially before posting but they weren't much help.

Would the following apply to my situation?

//www.diynot.com/diy/members/ianmcd.146904/
upload_2016-7-26_16-57-15.png

thanks

The pair of existing room stat wires, disconnect them from the boiler, connect them to T1 and T2, at the other end of the cable, T1 and T2 to your Nest stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back