NEST Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have just brought a nest thermostat 3rd gen, I have wired up the heat link and powered the thermostat via the heat link and all is working as it should.

My only problem is the thermostat is currently stuck in a cupboard with my boiler as my current honeywell thermostat in the hallway has high voltage wires which I didn't realise.

Ideally I would like to replace the hallway thermostat for the nest, is there a transformer or anything I can buy to convert the high voltage wires into a 24v supply suitable for powering the nest?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
is there a transformer or anything I can buy to convert the high voltage wires into a 24v supply suitable for powering the nest?
You already have it - the power supply is in the heat link.

Wires to the existing thermostat will be connected to a junction box, wiring centre or similar either next to the boiler, old programmer, hot water cylinder or similar.
They are then removed from there, and connected to the heatlink output instead, and the thermostat connected to the other end in the hallway.

You already have it - the power supply is in the heat link.

Wires to the existing thermostat will be connected to a junction box, wiring centre or similar either next to the boiler, old programmer, hot water cylinder or similar.
They are then removed from there, and connected to the heatlink output instead, and the thermostat connected to the other end in the hallway.

I can't seem to find where the stat is being powered from, the cables into the boiler itself are thin cables and the ones in the stat are thick copper cables.

Sponsored Links
Use the motorised valve cable colours to identify the wires in the wiring centre. step one is identify the plan being used, as that will tell you what valve is being used and what colour goes to thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back