Nest Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the nest 3rd gen; stat, running with a heat only boiler (Vaillant) on a Y plan system.
Cylinder stat -Honeywell L641A1039
3 way motorised valve Danfoss HSA3.

The problem I have is with the HW scheduling, I have scheduled HW twice a day 1 hr each time, ie; 0700/0800 & 1700-1800
However the HW comes on different times to the settings.
I have wired the heat link as follows,
N L.
linked 2&5 to L,
3 -white on zone valve ,
4-grey on zone valve & 1 in cylinder stat,
6 - Com on cylinder stat,
2 on cylinder stat - orange on zone valve & linked to L
The pump is wired direct to boiler.
Heating works as it should.
Your help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Is this how it was wired previously? Photos of Nest and wiring center would help.

That is wrong , the orange is the switched live to the boiler , you have put a permanent live on it
Ahh, misread/misunderstood that, flicking between the diynot post and Nest instructions in ibooks, it should be on live to boiler (switched), thanks Ian.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys for your input , Ill double check later at the orange wire,
are you saying if the orange wire in connected to a permanent live that is why my HW is coming on randomly ?

Thanks guys for your input , Ill double check later at the orange wire,
are you saying if the orange wire in connected to a permanent live that is why my HW is coming on randomly ?
It means it will never go off

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It means it will never go off
After checking again
bob1956 said:
should read
2 on cylinder stat -orange on zone valve & linked to L on boiler
My bad. Just to add the HW is not permanently calling for heat , it just comes on randomly at different times to how I have scheduled it .
The orange wire is not permanently live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back