Nest V3 install possible and how difficult?

Thanks buddy your way of explaining whole thing is really good. I really appreciate you. Once job done, I will let you know the result.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi Stem

I tried the way you described but it did not work. Basically there are two cable connected at port 4 in old programmer. The red wire connected on port 3 was from the digital thermostat (honeywell). I dont know why it was connected there.Because I am going to fix new nest thermostat, I just got rid off it. After that I just connected all cable as per your drawing apart from the one shown to connect at connection point 6. Now it starts the heat link but only does hot water. I also replaced those two wires from connection point 6 to 3 then it just switch on heater but somehow it does not recirculate water. I think I am missing something here. I am very close to it but still not there. I also tried separating those two cable and connect one at connection point 3 and another at 6 then it does not call for heat (I mean it does not heat up anything).
Any further advice will be helpful. thanks
20170205_143941.jpg

Attachments

• 20170205_144001.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 74
All I can say is, that is a super duper instal. 10 out of 10 for excellent effort. If I as a heating engineer did that kind of work, all the heating engineers in my area would be well chuffed :whistle:

Sponsored Links
The red wire connected on port 3 was from the digital thermostat (honeywell). I dont know why it was connected there.Because I am going to fix new nest thermostat, I just got rid off it.

If you have just removed the thermostat then the wiring will be open circuit and the heating will not work, I explained in detail how you need to make the necessary link to prevent this happening.
After that I just connected all cable as per your drawing apart from the one shown to connect at connection point 6.
Sorry I don't understand this. First of all it looks as if you have a wire present in Heatlink terminal 6 (although the camera angle makes it difficult to tell exactly). But if you have removed it, this is the wire that turns the hot water on. If you don't have this connected, the hot water won't operate, yet you say it does!
Now it starts the heat link but only does hot water.

I also replaced those two wires from connection point 6 to 3 then it just switch on heater but somehow it does not recirculate water. I think I am missing something here. I am very close to it but still not there. I also tried separating those two cable and connect one at connection point 3 and another at 6 then it does not call for heat (I mean it does not heat up anything).
Sorry I do not understand what you are saying here.

It is impossible to see from the photos and because of the poor state of your wiring, what goes where, so I can't really offer further advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back