New alarm panel but keep ADT boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got two ADT bell boxes on my house.
I’d like to power them as there is no longer a panel in the house.

What panel would you recommend that’s easy to hook up and will also power the siren and LEDs of the box.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
One could be a decoy box or both could be.ADT sometimes put decoy up outside with live sounder inside.
You would need to check if bell boxes a live units and not decoys.
How easy is it to get cables to these boxes.
Mite be easier to go with wireless system.

Thanks.
I’ve checked and it is A box with sounder, LEDs and circuit board. It then has connections where you can wire up.

Would any alarm panel work?

I would expect any wired or hybrid alarm control panel would work with that bell box.
Might be worth changing for up to date bell box, has you do not know how old the existing unit is.

Sponsored Links
You'll need to work out the combined current consumption, as many smaller panels may not be able to drive both sirens if they don't support SAB mode. Panels with a robust PSU like the Galaxy Dimension would be capable but perhaps a bit overkill for the premises.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back