New bath popup overflow leaking through plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just installed a new octavia bath from B&Q, not really impressed so far. After ironing out most of the problems I'm stuck with setting up the bath waste overflow plug mechanism. It's the type where you turn the silver knob a few degrees to raise/lower the plug.

Unfortunately I've lost the instructions that came with it and have no idea how to set up the screw/nut combination on the plug. It's black with a wire from overflow to plug. It seems that even if I screw the adjuster all the way in then the plug still leaks....and leaks a lot.

As an engineer it seems simple enough to fix but I can for the life of me get it to stop leaking. I've checked the seal and it seems fine too. I'm beginning to wonder if the plug hole itself is slightly oval

Am I missing something????

Stu

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it leaks or the water drains away?
Normally on pop up wastes, the plug will have an adjustable nut/screw on the underside, this will allow for you to have it at the desired height.
Something like this

So lift the plug from the waste and adjust it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back