New bath use previous fitting kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to fit a new bath to out hose.

Is it possible to use the bath stand which houses my current bath or will the new one require a fitting of its own?

Sponsored Links
When you say bath stand, do you mean the bath frame/support?? If so, if it will fit the new bath, support it where it needs to be suported and is in good condition then no reason why not.

Did you not get a new support with the bath anyways?

Hi Madrab,

I mean the frame/structure which supports the existing bath, i didnt know if they were universal sizes or designed for individual baths.

I have been offered an ex display model for 25% of its retail price which is tempting.

Sponsored Links
You normally get adjustable legs with a new bath that allow it to be levelled at a height to suit the bath panel and waste arrangement.
Any framing that is subsequently added is usually to "build it" into the space and provide support for tiled bath panels and/or boxing in!
The ex display model is likely to have its legs fitted if it sat on a showroom floor!
Pictures of existing install would help us help you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back