New bathroom Pipe Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for any replies in advance.

Due to several leaks in my bathroom, the floor had to be taken up. This gives me the chance to reroute pipes and I hope make the layout more efficient.

Combi Boiler: Worcester 30cdi is located upstairs in a converted bungalow. It supplies an upstairs shower room, the downstairs bathroom and kitchen. It the foreseeable future the boiler will be moved downstairs and the bungalow converted back to a single floor.

I have included 2 diagrams one the current setup and the other the changes I plan to make.

I would like to know:

1. Am I right in assuming that changing all the pipes to 15mm will not have an adverse effect on flow rate as it is a combi boiler and not gravity fed?
2. The kitchen hot tap currently uses 7.5l of water (from starting cold) before the hot gets up to temperature. Will the changes (15mm pipe and the hot pipe being tee-ed straight to the kitchen tap as opposed to going to all the bathroom taps then the kitchen) improve the the time for the tap to reach hot?
3. Is there anything I have overlooked that I need to consider?

Thank you

Image 1: Current Bathroom
Bathroom old2.jpg

Picture 2: Diagram of current layout
bathroom old.jpg

Picture 3: Diagram of new layout
bathroom new.jpg

Sponsored Links
Doing it all in 15mm pipe will work fine, you could even drop the feeds to the sinks to 10mm if you wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back