New boiler advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm searching around for a new boiler and had a few quotes in. The boilers (standard not combi) that I have been quoted for are: Ideal icos 24HE, Vailliant 624 system boiler, and potterton.

I have not read great reviews on the net about the Ideal boiler so this worries me a bit unless there is an improved model out.

Can anyone advise me on the best boiler to go for. It has to be a minimum of 80k btu, and the dimensions of the boiler doesn't matter.

Any help would be really appreciated!

josh

Sponsored Links
try a search this must be covered a hundred times over.stay well clear from ideal for a starters.personally i fit viessmann new 100w and very impressed.

Thanks for your reply. Just as I thought about the Ideal boilers.
Did a forum search, but most results were for combis not standard ones.

..I have not read great reviews on the net about the Ideal boiler...
That is putting it mildly.
Search this forum on the various keywords, e.g. new boiler, ideal, and you will find a thousand posts.

Sponsored Links
have to admit id fit ideal, on the basis that id have breakdown callouts 24/7 365 days a year. yet my customers would proberbly kill me for fitting one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back