new boiler, cold rads downstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brand new Glow worm CX35 combi boiler.

Rads upstairs are red hot - flow and return red hot. Losing slight pressure but investigating this separately. Downstairs rads are stone cold.

When I put a hose on the drain cock the water flows clearly (had system cleaner on old boiler for a week before disconnecting - all rads worked fine before). All rads bleed fine, and with good pressure except one half of a bedroom rad upstairs as the valve has been painted over too much. Other half of that rad works fine.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
forgot to say, i turned off ALL the upstairs hot rads and the downstairs rads still didn't get hot. The old boiler was in the kitchen (downstairs, middle of rads system) and new boiler is in airing cupboard (first floor). Upstairs rads get hot really quick so confident the pump is working OK.

What does the boiler installer have to say?

Has he been paid yet?

Sponsored Links

Has he been paid yet?

I bet he has been paid and has gone on foreign holidays for a month like the one who did my WAU has now gone on holidays, he was suppose to issue me a safety certificate but couldn't issue one because the tenant had lost her bloody prepayment gas key and so we could not resume gas supply and now she will have to go without heating for another bloody month! She managed to order a new one from her supplier but it is a bit late for the engineer who is now away on holidays! I might have to pay again to someone else to do the safety record! sods law!

Has he been paid yet?

I bet he has been paid and has gone on foreign holidays for a month like the one who did my WAU has now gone on holidays, he was suppose to issue me a safety certificate but couldn't issue one because the tenant had lost her bloody prepayment gas key and so we could not resume gas supply and now she will have to go without heating for another bloody month! She managed to order a new one from her supplier but it is a bit late for the engineer who is now away on holidays! I might have to pay again to someone else to do the safety record! s***s law!

you really do have a very bad attitude when it comes to the rules & regs of the gas industry in this country, so you are blaming the RGI because he can't confirm your tenant isn't going to kill herself because SHE lost the gas card gezzzzzzzzzzz.

I think you should watch the up coming xmas corrie then maybe just maybe you may open your eyes.

Corrie?....wtf that's got to do with it, now, if you said east Enders.
:rolleyes:

Has he been paid yet?

I bet he has been paid and has gone on foreign holidays for a month like the one who did my WAU has now gone on holidays, he was suppose to issue me a safety certificate but couldn't issue one because the tenant had lost her bloody prepayment gas key and so we could not resume gas supply and now she will have to go without heating for another bloody month! She managed to order a new one from her supplier but it is a bit late for the engineer who is now away on holidays! I might have to pay again to someone else to do the safety record! s***s law!

you really do have a very bad attitude when it comes to the rules & regs of the gas industry in this country, so you are blaming the RGI because he can't confirm your tenant isn't going to kill herself because SHE lost the gas card gezzzzzzzzzzz.

I think you should watch the up coming xmas corrie then maybe just maybe you may open your eyes.

I am not so sure if I understood your post well, yes I will be watching that corrie! lol! but I am not so sure what your real concerns are, I am not blaming the RGI having gone on holidays! but the fact that I agreed that he could not issue a safety record because we both were not expecting that there would be a problem with the gas supply, because the tenant uses a prepayment meter, and when we asked her if she can get some credit for the gas, she could not find the card!

It is quite obvious that no RGI with warm air qualifications is able to test an appliance properly without the presence of gas and test the combustible products of its flue, as well as all other necessary tests like spillage etc etc, and check that the overheat device functions properly this time.

All that can only be performed when an appliance is working properly, with the gas supply restored, so because of lack of gas, the safety record could not be issued. I am hardly blaming the engineer, it is just most unfortunate that my circumstances are getting more and more difficult.

I am just having a bad time at the moment, it is one thing after another!
In this particular case, its been the fault of the tenant right from the very moment the heating broke down, she did not even report that it had suffered a serious malfunction!

I am blaming the tenant for putting me in this difficult situation, on the one hand threatening to report me for not having a space heating and on the other when we have gone there to restore it, then she looses her prepayment card!

I know the safety rules, i intend to stick to them, and follow every piece of good advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back