New boiler - dirty ch water - best way forward

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Ive had a new boiler installed around 10months ago. All works fine. I decided to clean tf1 filter and there was quite a lot of black tar substance.

I decided to flush tf1 with some water from return and the water is totally black.

I didnt have powerflush done as the water was clean when the new boiler was installed, but i remember the installer cleaning the system using a pump or something similar.

I think the have disturbed sludge in rads and left it there.

Whats the best way forward.
Should i add x400 run it for a week, drain the system and add x100?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You could try chemical cleaners to the instructions, but personally I prefer to drain system and flush each rad thoroughly with garden hose outside.
Perhaps the power wash wasn’t done properly, or the system was extremely dirty and power washing wouldn’t clean it fully.
Hard to beat just replacing old rads if they are full of crud and/or old inefficient types

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back