New boiler or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Gloworm Spacesaver Boiler by the looks of things. I think the gas valve is faulty as all of a sudden, the gas to the boiler just shut off???

The gas technician managed to turn it on for 4 mins and thought it was all fixed and then the gas went out again??

He thought it was a faulty valve although now he has sniffed that we might buy a whole new boiler system, he's only talking about replacing the whole thing including radiators and installing a whole new network of piping.

The boiler before this is always serviced every year by us and to date there have been no problems. It was always blowing piping hot water with excellent pressures and the house is always roasting hot - until this day when the gas stopped?

I think there is a part for it on ebay for £50 - any suggestions....I really dont wanna be taken for a £3000 ride

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
Very easy boilers to fix and will work forever.

Could be just the solenoid on the gas valve that is at fault.

Anyone in the Nottingham area able to have a look at a potential fix here?

Long Eaton, Nottingham, Junction 25 off M1 motorway (2 mins)

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
Is anyone friends with LeeC or anyone in the Nottingham area who may be able to help me please?

Thanks for the replies so far....my missus is pregnant and about to drop in the next 6 weeks so time is of the essence as we have 2 temp electric heaters.

Thanks
James

I really dont wanna be taken for a £3000 ride

Are you being forced, with menaces, to buy or does he intend to take your money then not supply & fit the goods? If the answer to both is no then how are you being taken for a ride?

If being persuaded to buy something you don't necessarily need is a con, then every salesman on earth should be banged up.

Good luck with the baby.
Let me know if any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back