New boiler output pressure (bar)?

what they having on the un-tiled bits ? personally i would have carried the tiles on, unless there is something unusual going there ?

Sponsored Links
Above the basin was a huge mirror. Behind the towel rail I can't remember - at the time I seem to recall them not being sure as there was a pocket door and next to no structure to the wall.

Hansgrohe replied to me to say both showers would be fine with the combi boiler model I was thinking off. I'm not expecting it to be as powerful as with the Salamander but as long as they function, that's fine. May just have to go with it and see what happens.

It depends on the shower heads.

The OP needs to measure things - as told to several times.

The last Raindance I fitted had a monster head and no combi would give it a decent performance.

Perhaps they have more efficient ones now?

Overpriced kit IMO; but easy to install.

We have a larger overhead plus a handshower coming off a dual controller. Hansgrohe assure me only 1 bar input pressure is reqd, and the Worcester Bosch boiler I linked would be ok.

Sponsored Links
absolute rubbish inlet pressure means nothing whatsoever, you have been correctly advised many times you need to measure the dynamic flow rate of your supply, there is no other way !!!!!

OP you need to do a little learning about what dynamic flow rate means.

A combi only gives about 9-14 litres per minute.

Your mains supply may not be capable of supplying that kind of dynamic flow.

An open pipe flow rate is NOT the same thing but by aware that many plumbers don't understand the difference!

Tony

Thanks for all the comments. What is confusing me is that the Hansgrohe technical info only talks about the water pressure going INTO the shower, which is recommended to be between 1-6 bar (3 optimum). Nothing about flow rate. It is a pressure measurement going into the shower that they specify.

See link http://www.hansgrohe.co.uk/productdetail.html?category=C0000000000203&model=28504XXX

and the heading 'Operating Pressure'

I also know that my mains pressure dictates what boiler I can install, or whether I can opt for an unvented system. I get all that.

If Hansgrohe specify the pressure (bar) that they need going into the shower, what is the relevance of measuring the flow rate from the mains? The water won't be coming direct from the mains to the shower, if it will be coming via the boiler.

All boiler outputs seem to be in L/min. How do I relate this to the Hansgrohe info that only talks about pressure (bar) needed for their showers to work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back