New combi boiler? / dhw output for shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am getting a new combi boiler and was hoping I could get some advice from the pros! :D

A plumber has suggested fitting a Baxi Main 30. After reading other posts I believe this is just a Baxi combi 105he re-badged. Could someone confirm if this is the case and also if are they are any good?

If not, could anyone recommend any other boilers?

Also, I will be using a hansgrohe raindance shower with an ibox. Will a dhw output of 12.l litres provided by the main 30 be sufficient to give a good shower pressure? The cold water pressure is very good.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
The Main Eco 30 is not based on the 105e. It is more or less a cheaper version of the Baxi Duo-tec.

Main boilers only come with a 12 month warranty, but it is 'A' rated and cheapish.

It is listed as having at best 12.3 l/min dhw flow rate, so will just about deliver the best to your shower.

If you want a longer warranty, look at the Duo-tec combi (33HE) this has 2 years warranty and gives a flow rate of 13.5 l/min, or the 40HE which will deliver 16 l/min.

If you want an even longer warranty then the Baxi Platinum Combi HE is exactly the same boiler, but with a 5 year warranty.

Other than these other good makes are available, such as Vaillant, Worcester, Broag and even the new Ravenheat CSi 120 or 150 with a 3 year warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back