New Boiler Placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although my boiler is old, it at the moment is working okay but will need replacing sooner or later.
At the moment I have an old Ideal Concorde boiler which is what you would call a conventional system with cold tank ,top up tank & even the cylinder in loft .The boiler is in the spare box room below cylinder ,which now days I expect would be illegal.
I would eventually like to move it out of the room and a ideal place would to me be the airing cupboard where the boiler would be about the same level as my current one but about 12 -13 feet further over.

Would this be a place where legally a new boiler can be installed??

Although I would not install the boiler myself,over the years I have replaced all radiators and even moved them to new places.Hence some of the pipework (15mm) is fairly new. I know some 16 years ago I did have a back boiler in front room before new system was installed,so again some new pipework was required.
All of the pipework I have replaced or moved has never been furred up just green inside, even some of the original 1/2" pipework which must be 25 years old . I say this because although I have not had a quote one plumber in town told me all pipework would ideally need to be changed,any views on this please.

Sponsored Links
You can basically put the boiler where ever you like as long as you can flue it properly, vertical is an option in an airing cupboard, and are able to have outside access for the prv discharge pipe if you went for a system boiler instead of open vent.

The local plumber is trying to talk the job up bigger. There should be no immediate need to replace any or all of the pipes, other than for the obvious re-positioning of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back