New Boiler Recommendations please LPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The next room in my house for refurbishment is the living room, Which has a baxi gas fire and 552 back boiler, the boiler is about 12 years old and working ok, but i hate the fire front, so it looks like they would both have to go (don't like the other available fire fronts) It is a conventional type system with hot water cylinder and airing cupboard etc. which i am happy to keep, so I am looking for a reasonably priced (cash flow a bit tight at the moment) boiler to replace the back boiler Any advice much appreciated
P.S Location of the boiler will be the next problem, gas supply comes in at front of house, what are the regs regarding flue positions in proximity to boundary with adjoining semi

Sponsored Links
glowworm ultracom hx is LPG compatible and would be my personal recomendation but others will have their own thoughts. Also has Plume management kit available. Try not to get bogged down into regs, important thing is that it terminates onto your land and the plume doesn't cause a nuisance to your neighbours.
Also make sure the engineer who installs the boiler holds the LPG qualification. Many independant RGIs don't have it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back