New Boiler/system recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps,

Need a new boiler as the one we have at present bangs, whistle and clanks real bad. Have had numerous heating engineers round and they all say it is shot.

At present the system consists of a boiler in the kitchen next to the sink & washing machine, bathroom is 2m away, copper cylinder directly upstairs, 6 Double rads (2 x 1300, 600, 900 & 2 x 900).
It's a 3 bed room mid-sized terraced house, double glazing. The bath is ran once a day and the sink is filled once in the evening. Apart from that the only other hot water use is washing hands, glasses etc

I would really like to change over to a combi system to free up space in the bedroom by removing the cylinder. A few people have suggested something like a Baxi 100HE combi, then the tanks and cylinder can be removed. Does this choice sound OK or can anyone recommend a better make or model. I'm on quite a tight budget at present so would like to keep the boiler cost down if possible.

Many Thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links
baxi main 24 he would probably do u. i would get the 30 he though.main is cheaper than baxi , but same boiler from same firm.glow worm do the flexicom which is cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back